Societies in Ontario
Port Colborne Garden Club
The Port Colborne Garden Club (Horticultural Society) has been a part of the local community for a long time of learning about plants and beautifying the landscape with them. Our 90th anniversary is this year, 2019! We proudly continue this legacy with a range of learning experiences and activities for gardeners of all ages. The best benefit of being part of our group is sharing gardening experiences with fellow gardeners and asking questions of the gardening experts we invite to our meetings. And, of course, meeting the nicest people!
L.R. Wilson Heritage Research Archives, Port Colborne Historical & Marine Museum
286 King St.
Port Colborne L3K 4H2
$12. person, $18. couple
|Membership Chair||Maggie Cornerfirstname.lastname@example.org||905-894-8237|
General Meetings: Third Thursday of the month, Feb. - Nov., except July, Aug., Dec.
Meeting start: 7 pm.
We have a wonderful program of gardening experts sharing their knowledge on practical gardening topics at our meetings. We also offer:
- garden exchanges, e.g., books, pots, tools, etc.
- discounts at local garden centres
- a great plant sale in the spring
- a group planting of one's own hanging baskets at a local greenhouse (pick them up ready to go before the May long W/E)
- and always, outreach to and co-programming with other organizations in the community
|"Superheroes of the Yard"||Apr. 18, 7 pm.||Wilson Heritage Research Archives||Speaker John Robertson, Natural Insect Control, about beneficial insects|