The Ontario government is moving the province into Step 3 of the COVID-19 reopening plan on July 16, nearly a week earlier than previously expected.
Provincial officials said masks and face coverings will remain in place in indoor public settings throughout Step 3 as will physical distancing requirements. Masks will be required in some outdoor settings along with other public health measures. Dr. Kieran Moore, Ontario’s new chief medical officer of health, said he will be encouraging people to wear masks for the coming months in an effort to reduce the transmission of the virus.
More information will be given to the OHA board by OMAFRA at the board meeting on July 15.