Societies in Ontario
Winona Horticultural Society
We are a community-based organization dedicated to bringing people closer to their gardens and the land we all share.
Our meetings feature interesting speakers, fellowship and fun. In the month of June we often take a tour of local horticultural attractions, and in August we have a booth at the Winona Peach Festival.
We have been “growing since 1929”, dedicating ourselves to beautifying our community, and sharing education and camaraderie to all gardeners and enthusiasts who come through our doors.
We maintain community gardens, sell flowers & plants at our booth at the Peach Festival, donate to beautification and environmental causes, support RBG (Royal Botanical Gardens) and horticultural outreach programs in our area. We also award bursaries every year to local students in recognition of their Environmental Awareness.
Our official flower is the columbine.
St. Johns's Anglican Church Hall
1285 Hwy 8 (at Winona Road)
Winona L8E 5R1
$10.00 per person or $20 for a family of three or more. Membership follows the calendar year and is renewed in January. Visitors and guests are always free.
|Newsletter Editor||Joy Brunelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
We meet on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:30 pm, from September through May. Special events include:
• a holiday arrangement workshop in November
• a holiday Pot Luck dinner in December
• a plant exchange at the May meeting
• a tour in June
• and a booth at the Peach Festival in August
Refreshments are served at the beginning of every regular meeting.
• affiliation with the Ontario Horticultural Association and access to their activities
• interesting and informative speakers at meetings
• the opportunity to take a more active part in beautifying your community
• a monthly newsletter
• tours of local gardens and attractions
• club membership to the Royal Botanical Gardens, Burlington
• fun, fellowship and the sharing of knowledge with seasoned gardeners.